PROTECTION OF PRIVACY
Respect for privacy
Proxistore undertakes to comply with the privacy laws in force in Europe: the processing of personal data carried out by Proxistore is governed by the Act of 8 December 1992 on the protection of privacy with regard to the processing of personal data, as amended by the Act of 11 December 1998 transposing Directive 95/46/EC of 24 October 1995 of the European Parliament and of the Council on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, as well as by the Royal Decrees relating thereto.
The legal texts can be consulted on the website of the Privacy Commission (http://www.privacy.fgov.be/).
Information and data collected and collection methods
The Proxistore website includes public areas to which all visitors have unrestricted access, and areas to which access is restricted and which are accessible only to certain categories of users.
Proxistore may collect the following personal information and data:
- the Internet domain from which you accessed our website;
- the IP address from which you accessed our website;
- your presumed or disclosed location;
- all information on the pages that you visited on our website and the last actions taken through those pages;
- your e-mail address if you have disclosed it to us by communicating with us by e-mail;
- your identification as a user when accessing a restricted part of the website;
- any other information which you have voluntarily disclosed to us, e.g. in the context of creating campaigns.
The personal information and data concerning you may be collected or processed in two different ways:
- Through forms to be filled in for the purpose of obtaining certain services available on our website.
- Through “cookies”. A “cookie” is a small file sent by our Internet server, which is stored on your device’s hard disk; it keeps a trace of the visited website and contains certain information relating to such visit (e.g. your device’s location) for technical purposes (Proxistore_ads, Proxistore exp, Proxistore_fv), advertising purposes (Proxistore_geo, Proxistore_uv, Proxistore_uv_ads) and analytical purposes (_ga, _gat, _gid). You may prevent cookies from being placed on your device by configuring your browser in the appropriate manner. Instructions on how to do this can be found here:o Internet Explorer : http://windows.microsoft.com/fr-fr/windows-vista/block-or-allow-cookies
o Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=fr
o Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/fr/kb/activer-desactiver-cookies
o Safari: http://support.apple.com/kb/PH5042
Users can also permanently prevent Proxistore from geolocalizing them. To do this, simply go to one of the following pages of the site: FAQ, Geoloc Widget, Improve geolocation, Geoloc +) and click on the button “Don’t be located” on the Proxistore geolocation widget.
However, opposing cookies in this way would prevent you from receiving advertising related to your preferences and interests, such as geolocated advertisements. Some or all of the website’s functionalities may also cease to work correctly.
Processing of personal data and purposes
Personal data is collected and processed for the following purposes:
- effective management of our website (e.g. improving the quality of information available; improving user-friendliness; improving management; optimising navigation; producing statistics; etc.);
- customer-base management, answering users’ requests (e.g. identification of the information to be provided to each user; answering questions; automatic provision of information, new provision of information that Proxistore deems useful to communicate to you based on your geolocation or the pages that you visited during a previous visit; etc.)
- detection of fraud
- information and/or promotion and/or marketing operations using geolocation.
- conducting market studies and producing statistics or usage profiles
If you have registered for the purpose of accessing a restricted part of our website, we may access the data concerning you stored in our information system in order to provide the requested service.
If you have accepted to be geolocated, such authorisation shall be valid on all the Proxistore partner websites and shall remain valid for a period of one year. Geolocalised advertisements will be displayed when you visit the Proxistore website or our partners’ websites. Our partners do not have access to your location which is processed by an automatic system managed by Proxistore which selects the advertisements to be displayed for you.
The information and data collected is not transferred or transmitted to any third parties. However, we reserve the right to disclose the personal information and/or data at the request of a legal authority, in accordance with the laws and regulations in force.
Cross Device Tracking
To measure and report conversions of ads as they take place after multiple engagements across different devices, our third-party service providers may set and/or access cookies or other data collection technology which collect information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites and/or mobile websites across your various devices, in order to provide content and advertisements about goods and services of interest to you across those various devices.
Our partner is using a probabilistic model by matching anonymous signals to try and identify a user. These signals include:
- Location (IP addresses)
- Conversion Type
- Device IDs
- Landing Page
- Interests and web history
If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices with respect to it, please refer to the relevant third parties’ privacy policies.
In a such case, Advertisers, for whom the ad campaign is released by PROXISTORE, act as Controller and PROXISTORE acts as Processor (having the meaning set forth under article 4 of GDPR).
Proxistore takes the appropriate security measures to ensure that personal data is used in compliance with laws and regulations applicable to the purposes for which it was collected.
Proxistore undertakes to make its best efforts to take the appropriate security measures to protect you against loss, misuse, disclosure to any unauthorised third party and the alteration of the personal information and data collected on our website.
Right to access, correct and object
The Data Controller in charge of processing your personal data is Proxistore SA whose registered office is located at 4 Rue Emile Francqui, 1435 Mont-saint-Guibert, which you can contact using one of the means listed in the Contact section below.
In accordance with the legislation in force, you are entitled to access the personal information and data concerning you, and to correct such data and information. You may submit a request to be informed of the personal data relating to you and to correct any possible inaccuracies. If you wish to exercise these rights, please contact us using one of the means listed in the Contact section below. We shall reply to your request as soon as possible, after having verified your identity.
In accordance with the legislation in force, you have the right to object to the processing of the personal data relating to you when such processing is carried out for advertising and marketing purposes. You may exercise this right free of charge and without having to provide reasons, on simple request made to the aforementioned Data Controller.
What is a cookie?
Geolocation cookies, which – combined with data from other sources, such as the user’s IP address or the known location of similar users – reveal an approximate location of the user’s device, which will be used by Proxistore SA (Avenue Pasteur 6/H, in 1300 WAVRE, Belgium) and its partner websites to display advertisements based on the location of the user’s device.
T: +32 2 423 55 60
A: Avenue Pasteur 6/H
1300 Wavre – Belgium